509 922 3942

Residents' FAQ

Resources for help in 2020

Washington state and local government along with other organizations have resources to help if you are unable to pay your rent or need additional help. Here is a partial list of resources you can contact:

A clearinghouse with lots of good links to help: Find Immediate Assistance | SAMHSA

SNAP has a new round of funding for up to six months of back rent: https://www.snapwa.org/eviction-rent-assistance-program/

 https://spokaneresourcecenter.org/  for Spokane resources. Additional information about help offered through the City of Spokane can be found by following these links: https://my.spokanecity.org/news/releases/2020/08/26/city-emphasizes-help-with-utility-bills/    or   https://my.spokanecity.org/covid19/cares-act-funding/   or https://my.spokanecity.org/news/releases/2020/09/01/spokane-city-council-votes-unanimously-second-round-of-cares-act-funds/.

Spokane Neighborhood Action Partners for food or supplies: srtc@snapwa.org 

Call 509-720-5000 for Spokane Valley resources.

2-1-1 To access 2-1-1 dial 2-1-1, call toll free 1-866-904-9060, or text your zip code to 898211. They provide phone access to a central clearing house of local agencies.

Catholic Charities has additional help for people impacted by COVID 19. Call them at 713-874-6521 or visit their website:



The Washington State unemployment website, you can apply for benefits online. The criteria to qualify for unemployment benefits has changed, many more people can receive payments than before. Additional payments will be linked to federal programs as well. The phone number is 800-318-6022.

509-625-6650 is a Financial Helpline from the city of Spokane.

SNAP - call 509-456-SNAP (7627) or email communications@snapwa.org for referrals to help programs.


Information from Washington state government on help that is available. Washington State is changing access to unemployment and other assistance programs.


Makes modest grants for folks who have nowhere else to turn and save them from poverty.  They are currently offering help on rent due to Covid-19.


Offers counseling for those having a hard time paying rent.


Resources for individuals and businesses in the City of Spokane.


Spokane County webpage for corona virus information.


Spokane Health District corona virus information.


Change furnace filters at least once every three months. This can prevent heating failures.

Remove any hoses from hose bibs to prevent damage to your pipes.

If the overnight temps are below 20 F, leave the a little water running overnight (the smallest continuous stream possible). This will protect your water meter from freezing.

If you have a sprinkler system that has not been winterized yet, covering the vacuum breaker (the outside part that is above ground) with an old blanket and a tarp can help insulate it.

If your thermostat runs on batteries, replace them as needed - most thermostats will indicate when the batteries are low.

If you have an after hours emergency, please call the answering service at 509-215-2586.

Why should I rent from your company?

We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you'll ever experience. 

  • We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in. 
  • We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs. 
  • We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental. 
  • All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank. 
  • When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease. 
  • All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
How do I apply to rent?

Once you find an available property, please drive by to make sure the building and location meets with your needs and then call our office (509-922-3942) to set an appointment to view the property. Due to COVID-19, we will conduct a contact-free showing and masks are required. More than one party may be present at an appointment with an M-T Management representative, but only one household may be inside at a time. Information sheets will be available with application instructions. Comprehensive reusable screening reports are not accepted. We process one application at a time, first come, first served. Backup applications will not be processed until prior applications are completed. The application form and guidelines are also available on this website, you may fill those out and let us know that you would like your application to be run after your showing. The application may be printed from the website if you prefer not to use the online application process. Payment of the application fee may be paid by debit or credit card, a money order made out to the screening company (Acranet), or in cash if you have the exact amount. 



Will I sign a lease?

Yes, for most of our properties you will sign a 12 month lease that covers our responsibilities to each other throughout our tenancy. We will go over each part of the lease to ensure you understand it. After your application is accepted, your deposit is received, and your lease is signed, we'll hand you the keys to your home!

How do I pay rent?



Rent payment options include personal check, cashier's check or money order, bill pay through your bank or by using Zego, a third party vendor that lets you use a debit/credit card or an ACH transfer from your bank account to ours. You may mail your payment to our PO box (above), or drop a payment into our drop box at our office (11917 E Broadway #101 Spokane Valley - on Broadway between Pines Rd and Bowdish, north side of the street, on the ground floor in the front building). The drop box is behind you as you stand in front of our office door. Please be sure to clearly mark you name and address on any payment. 

After lease signing tenants will be entered in the Zego system and an invitation email will be sent to you. You can make a one time payment or set up a scheduled, recurring payment plan.

Zego charges a fee for using their service, and charges an NSF fee for any returned payments. Fees are disclosed before your payment is completed. The current charge is $2.95 for an ACH transfer and 2.95% of the total payment for using a debit or credit card. These fees are subject to change.

Once you have set up an account with Zego, we can take a payment for you over the phone. There is no additional charge for this, please call during our office hours 
(M-F 9:30 am to 5:00 pm).

You can visit the Zego website at https://payments.gozego.com/login, or get the Zego app.

There is also a link on our website, www.m-tmanagement.com - click on the Pay Rent tab at the top of the main page.



Fire safety tips